Thursday, December 10, 2009

Droid

By sheer coincidence, my cell phone plan was up just a couple of weeks ago. I've been using a Motorola Q for the past two years, and it has been "ok." I was never a real fan of the Windows OS, and I saw that Motorola had discontinued the Q line. In looking around, I thought about getting a Motorola Droid. What cinched the deal was the fact that I could get the Motorola Droid and the HTC Eris (for my wife) for only $99. That's both phones for $99. Sweet deal. The only real expense would be in ponying up for two data plans.

So, do I like it? Heck yeah. It's a cool phone that does much. Sure, the keyboard takes some getting used to, but I'm almost there. The screen is awesome, and I don't have it at full brightness. One thing I need to get used to is that I can't have the phone vibrate when I get a text, it has an audible tone. The setting must be there, I just have to find it. I haven't had a chance to fool around with the GPS yet, and I haven't installed anything from the app store yet, either. I'm trying to casually look around so as to query the privacy/security settings on it. Yes, I know it has been rooted already, but I don't think I'm going to take that road yet.

I would defintely recommend the phone. Call clarity has been great, and no dropped calls (not that I really had any with Verizon.) I was never a big fan of the "blackberry-type" phone as I didn't use the phone for business or business apps. And, while the Moto Droid is considered a "smartphone," I consider it more of a social "smartphone." I'll add another post after I've played around with it for a bit.

edit: I found the setting for vibrating on texts. I'm probably going to get in trouble with this phone as it does so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment