Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Striking out on your own

I'm getting that itch to go back to working for myself exclusively.  Partly, I think it is because I'm passionate about the work I do on my own, and not so much the DoD contracting work.  Of course, the big fear is not making enough money.  And benefits.  And the marketing.

A while back, Hal Pomeranz put out a great series of articles about his experiences going it alone.  I'm linking them here as they have helped me, and others can get some benefit from them.

Enjoy.  And I hope they help you as much as they have helped me.

Part 1 - The Case for Consulting
Part 2 - An Important Cash-Flow Lesson
Part 3 - Billing Rates
Part 4 - Insurance Matters
Part 5 - Finding Work
Part 6 - Work Finds Experts
Part 7 - Work?  What Work?
Part 8 - Avoiding Overhead
Part 9 - Knowing When To Say When

No comments:

Post a Comment