So, I was a little surprised when I received a flyer tucked into my bank account. It contained the following bullet points:
- Maintain current anti-virus software, firewalls and malware removal tools on computers that access the internet.
- Update and "patch" your software regularly to make certain you are protected from the latest threats.
- Use unique, difficult passwords that contain a mix of letters and numbers with upper and lower-case letters.
- Never open suspicious emails or click on links within emails from unknown senders.
- Watch the URL in browser's address bar as you go to websites. Criminals can redirect you to a counterfeit website that looks like the real thing.
- Frequently reconcile your bank accounts in order to detect suspicious account activity.
- Consider dedicating a computer specifically for online banking; one that is never used for email or web browsing.
That's a pretty good list. I'm sure you could add to it. I wonder if they've read Brian's site?