Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day

First days. Uggh. What a long day.

First up was the weekly status meeting. 40 people in the room, and the only person I knew was the Security Officer. Then I got a tour of the place and learned 40 new names. Slowly, but surely, I'll get all the names down.

Next up was the new-hire conference call. That's when I was ready to slit my wrists. The new hire package that was sent to my house gave me instructions on what to do. Yet, the HR person felt it was her duty to read the entire package back to us word-for-word. I really can't complain, though.

I received my loaner laptop at lunch time. And after that it was time to start working on the security clearance form.

And that was the rest of the first day.

At least tomorrow I'll have a computer to work with. As I understand it, there's not too much I can do until I get my clearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment