Thursday, September 18, 2008

Security+....Not just yet

Well, I took the exam this morning. And I didn't pass. I'm still a little bent, as I've gone back and looked up some answers I'm pretty sure I got wrong. I didn't miss by much; and I learned a lot. First, I learned that I shouldn't rush this; I did not need to pass by a certain date. I was hoping to get a jump though, especially before I get real busy with work and travel. (And, I'm going to have to travel in two weeks, and I have some training next week. So, it won't be until the beginning of October that I try again.) Secondly, I'm getting a more up-to-date book. The book I used was excellent at filling in some of the gaps with information I was missing. However, there were questions on subjects more current than were in my book. I'm pretty sure that I got a lot of those questions right, but there were some I was not familiar with at all.

I really debated putting this post up. But, failure motivates me. And, I'll learn from it and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment