Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Holiday Incident Response

I wrote about this a couple of years ago, and one of the links in the post that links to the SANS posts is one of my all time favorite reads.  It's that time of the year again.  Incident Responders and Forensicators will be visiting family and friends (or have guests themselves) and invariably, the question will come up:  "Can you take a look at my laptop/computer/etc.?  There's something wrong."

It never fails.  (Disclaimer...I've already been asked by my parents.)

Education of our families and friends will go a long way in preventing the question from arising next year, or the next holiday, or next week.  High on my list of education topics are automatic updates, anti-virus, and social engineering (in no particular order.)

Here's hoping you have a relaxing holiday, good times, and quick work (if you have to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment