Sunday, March 2, 2014

RSA Conference: Friday

I woke up on Friday to cloudy weather.  With an afternoon flight, I was on the fence with going to hear more talks.  I figured I would wait until after a shower.  Upon getting out of the shower, it was POURING out.  I'm glad California was getting the rain it needed, but...I didn't want to walk in it.  However, after getting dressed, it had stopped raining, and actually looked like it was lightening up. I decided to chance it for one more talk.  I probably could have gone to two...but there was no way I wanted it to be close at the airport.

The talk I went to was:
  • Operation Olympic Games is the Tom Clancy Spy Story that Changed Everything - by Rick Howard.  Wow, this was a great talk. I'm looking at my notes, and I see that I stopped somewhere after the first ten or fifteen minutes.  It was that good and engaging.  Rather than tell the technical story of Stuxnet, this talk discussed the history of the operations and the planning that went into it.  Further, Rick put forth some interesting theories that certainly have merit.
And with that I bid the conference goodbye. I fully admit that I wasn't sure what I would get out of it, and expectations were exceeded.  I've written the dates down for next year, and we'll see what happens.  As I write this, I'm starting to plan on how I'll use and implement some of the notes and ideas that were generated at the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment